Position: First Grade
Type of Position: Elementary school teacher for the 2022-2023 school year
Reports to: Principal
Evaluated By: Principal
Primary Objective: Provide students with an exemplary Christian elementary education.
1. Effectively teaches an integrated approach to learning as outlined in the school’s provided curriculum.
2. Uses effective teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals and positively affect student outcomes.
3. Develops lessons with clear objectives and essential questions that align with unit plans and curriculum.
4. Completes a detailed weekly lesson plan, keeps Unit Binders current with day-by-day notes, establishes alternate plans when necessary, and prepares substitute plans as needed.
4. Employs a variety of instructional aids, methods and materials which are aimed at reaching the whole child: spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
5. Differentiates instruction to meet the individual needs of learners.
7. Communicates goals and objectives to students, docents and parents.
8. Assigns homework according to Parent/Student Handbook guidelines, assesses homework in a timely manner, and guides students in developing quality work habits.
8. Assigns Unit Projects appropriately to enhance unit study and growth in independent learning. Assigns rubrics/guidelines and expectations as appropriate. Varies project assignments using a variety of modalities.
9. Keeps students, parents and administration adequately informed of student progress. Gives sufficient notice of unsatisfactory performance as soon as it is recognized.
1. Maintains proper discipline in the classroom and on school premises in accordance with policies and rules established by the school.
2. Implements procedures to ensure effective operation of the classroom such as routines for morning arrival, snack & lunch time, turning in work, etc.
3. Cooperates with the Board of Trustees and Principal to implement all policies, procedures and directives.
4. Communicates to students and parents using a unit letter and weekly updates.
6. Maintains a physical classroom that is attractive, well-organized and clean by prominently displaying relevant unit material/projects and moral/scriptural material.
7. Responds within 24 hours to phone calls and emails from parents.
1. Maintains a personal appearance which is a role model for students, exhibiting cleanliness, modesty and good taste.
2. Uses correct grammar in written and oral communications.
3. Develops and maintains a good rapport with students, parents and staff in an effort to promote a positive learning environment.
4. Actively participates in scheduled staff and development meetings.
8. Responds to constructive criticism and concerns raised by the principal, colleagues and parents.
9. Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
10. Works well with other staff members by being supportive and collaborative.
1. Meets daily stress with emotional stability and optimism.
2. Demonstrates the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, a positive attitude and loyalty.
1. Demonstrates spirituality through student interaction by providing opportunities for students to grow in their faith.
2. Effectively integrate a Christian worldview through the use of Biblical principles and a strong philosophy of Christian Education throughout the curriculum.
3. Proactively use peace-making principles in helping students deal with conflict.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift